Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Northern Ireland

Making our way up to Northern Ireland, Michelle and I did a 20 km hike from Carrick-a-Rede Bridge to the famous Giants Causeway. The only thing is we did not know it was a 20 km hike and also did not realize how far away the trail was from any sort of civilization, like food, water, and transportation. It only took us 7.5 hours to complete the hike and after almost dying and exhaustion, we managed to make our way back to our hostel. The views were well worth it though...at least now I think so...hindsight is always more positive than living in the exhaustion of the moment. Having walked for almost 8 hours, I fell off a cliff from exhaustion and was washed up on shore.
The stones of Giants Causeway. One of the wonders of the world.




































Eye spy with my little eye, something that looks like an Elephant...can you find it?





Yes, we did frolick through the medows.




Michelle trying to blend in with the sheep.




Sheep here, sheep there, everywhere there are sheepies. There were parts of the hike where no we were once with the sheep and cows, walking through their pastures and stepping over their cow/sheep pies. One unlucky step, however, did not make it over but rather, landed in.












Roars Kitchen, a little tea house where we stopped to have lunch and enjoyed homemade soup and pies...so tasty but not quite as good as my both my Grandma's and my mom's.



Going across the Carrick-a-Rede Bridge.

















Michelle, expressing our excitment upon being here and seeing such beauty.

4 comments:

  1. love these pics. please bring home a little sheepy for me, so cute. I could definitely see your dad doing some of these poses...you definitely are his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love the pictures. Good job.
    John James Friesen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Erin! This looks like the most amazing experience! So happy for you and your pics are phenominal!!! You are inspiring me to enjoy my time here to the fullest AND that I NEED to travel Europe again soon!!!
    Tracey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe that you've been to all those places. Once I'm ready to make my own decisions(like traveling)I would love to do what you have done.
    -amy tarnick

    ReplyDelete