Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kilkenny, Ireland

Sorry it has been so long, again, since my last post. I have wanted to be able to post pictures this time but alas, I will have to wait another day to do so since this computer does not have the proper attachments. We are in Kilkenny, Ireland and are enjoying the beauty that surrounds us everyday. We started our Irish adventure in Cork where a pint a night is a must. So far I have tried Bemish ( a local brew that is as dark as Guiness), Smithwicks (also a local beer), Carlsburg, and Bulmer (which tasks like pear pop...very dangerous). From Cork we went to the little sea side village of Kinsale and stayed in a wonderful B&B. I hiked along the coast to an old Viking fort and had a lovely lunch while watching Irish fishing boats float by. Today we plan on touring a castle and are making our way to Dublin this evening. I will try my very best to upload pictures tonight and give you a more detailed account of our travels thus far. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    It is Brian in Battleford. Want you to know that I look forward to your posts. Brings back memories of when I backpacked in Europe in 72-73. I especially loved your pictures and stories of Morocco which was my favorite country. Have a gas. One day you'll look back on these days from a 35 year span and be so thank you did what you did.
    Right on Erin!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete