Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cork, Ireland

We started off our journey in Ireland by flying into Cork. This city is not a main tourist attraction but a great place to start off as it offers a variety of transportation to other Irish destinations. My main mission in Cork was to purge my summer wardrobe and purchase some warmer clothing. I was saved from a month of hypothermia by the store Penney's which sells cute clothes at ridiculously cheap prices. I bought a stylish coat for £35, numerous long sleeved shirts for under £10 each, and sweater for £10. Best ever!

After aquiring an appropriate wardrobe for Ireland cool climate we proceeded back to our hostel to make dinner and ended up meeting a group of guys from Denmark, a group of girls from Belgium, and an Aussie couple. It being a Monday evening in Ireland we all ended up going a few pubs for a pint or 2. I think this is what I love most about traveling, the random people you meet and how all the walls are broken down in that you can hang out with anyone for a day and it is totally no big deal.

Perhaps my favorite picture of the night is the one below where Michelle has countless pints in front of her. Don't worry, they're not all her's:)

No comments:

Post a Comment