Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kinsale, Ireland

From Cork we caught a bus to the seaside town of Kilkenny. Here we stayed at a wonderful B&B and enjoyed delicious homemade breakfasts such as cinniman raisen french toast and breakfast bruchetta.

Here I celebrated my 23 birthday by taking a scenic walk along the coast to an old Viking fortress, wandering through the cute village, and going out for a delicious dinner. Thanks to a generous donation from my parents, Michelle and I went to a great local restaurant called Maxs, and enjoyed ordering what we wanted instead of what was cheapest. I had the catch of the day which was Lemonsole with a glass of white wine, finishing it off with a chocolate fudge cake which came complete with a candle. You will notice on the picture a third member of our party, he is actually my Irish fiancee. We expect a May wedding but are flexible depending on people back home. Actually, I didn't notice him get into the picture, but the table beside us was full of British Ad agents who were there on business and thoroughly enjoyed entertaining us with their jokes (half of which I couldn't understand).

Though I have been reprieved of the Irish chill thanks to my warm coat, I have had a sinus cold for over a week. I happened upon a smoothie shop with made a concoction which they called the 'Flu Fight'. After consuming one I felt substantially better and mark this day and the first towards my recovery.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures. I love the stories. I love you. and...it all just looks so incredible...miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christina -- so glad your cup is being filled up and your senses are coming alive! And congrats on your engagement, can Luke ride Whit down the aisle to give you your wedding rings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have to watch out for those British Ad agents, eh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course Andy, that was exactly what I was thinking. So tell me, what size kilt would Luky be fitting into right about now? Cheers luv.

    ReplyDelete