Sunday, September 6, 2009

London

I am offically in London and arrived here Sept. 4th late in the afternoon. My hostel here is great, clean, and fun. Since Michelle arrived today I had yesterday to myself and spent the day with Cindy from California, a girl who I met in my hostel. Because we both shared a love for culture we spent the day immursing ourselves in art and theater. I heard from a friend at Taize that London has great Broadway shows so I knew this was something I wanted to do. There were 2 shows inparticular that I have been dying to see and they both happened to be playing here in London. So Cindy and I splurged yesterday and went and saw both shows after touring the Museam of Contemperary Art. That's right...I saw BILLY ELLIOT and LION KING!!!!!!!
Wow, they were incredable, unbelieveable, stunning, and brought me to tears. It was a great day and I really love the diversity that London offers...such a mixture of history, contemperary culture, and is very cosmopolitan. After a full day yesterday I welcomed todays low key agenda. After breakfast I took the Underground to pick Michelle up from Heathrow. She is now resting and I can hardly wait to start or 3 weeks of Irish adventures. Tonight we plan on going out for a long dinner and catch up after over a month of not seeing each other. That's all for now, cheers.

4 comments:

  1. well i gota say i am jelous!
    it sounds awesome to here what you been up to and wish i was there to!

    looking forward to hearing and seeing more pics !

    you are in my thoughts and prayers on this journey and wish you the best!

    take care for now and hope to follow you more on this journey!

    hope my spelling isnt to off. lol

    Cory Guenther!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear you writing with life and energy again!
    And I am supremely jealous of you seeing the Lion King...maybe I'll have to hit that up too...we'll see.
    Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy b-day Erin!! We will celebrate when you get back!! Mis you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin!! I saw Lion King in Calgary!! It was SOOOO good!! aw yay I'm so glad you saw them! Doesn't it just make you want to go to Africa and learn how to speak Zwahele?? haha I love Rafiki! Anyway good to hear things are well! Miss you!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete