Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Renne: Bon Appetite

This being my last post before I venture home to Canada, I thought I'd do it right and make you drool onto your keyboard.

The last few times I was in France, I thought I had come to the realization that I didn't like French food. I now realize I just simply didn't have the budget to do this culinary art justice. French food is sinfully divine, I don't know how I could have every claimed otherwise. For the past few days I have practically been bathing in French cuisine and oh my goodness...I thought Italian food was good!


Curried Chicken and Carrot Soup


Pan Fried Cod on a bed of greens


Baked Apple Tart with homemade Cappuccino Ice Cream


Creme Brulee and some kind of tart things


Dinner Time: Chardonnay as an Aperitif


1st Course: Duck Pate with lentils


2nd Course: Crab and Salmon Roll


2004 Medoc served with the Entree


3rd Course: Local Fish served on a patty of Mashed Potatoes in a Beuff Brullet Sauce


4th Course, Dessert: A Cappuccino Fortress with Almond Biscotti, Homemade Mocha Ice Cream inside, and topped with Whip Cream

5th Course: When in doubt, eat another Creme Brulee


Lunch @ a Creperie


Ham, Cheese, and Egg savory crepe


Homemade chocolate crepe...to die for

I cannot being to explain how wonderful this trip has been. Staying in beautiful places, eating amazing food, and spending quality time with me dad...priceless! This has been my shortest trip to Europe but definitely one of the best, not to be forgotten quickly. Thanks for following and hopefully I'll see you all soon:)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had come to your blog a week ago...but I have just spent the last half hour reading all of your blogs from this trip and you sound so filled with life! Brings tears to my eyes. And your pictures...beautiful!! You're coming home soon now though and I am so excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete