Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cules and Jal

My dad and his coworker Jules, spend a great deal of concentrated time together. My philosophy of traveling is that it can make or break a relationship. I have some friends with whom traveling has brought us closer, and others where this was not the desired result. Though I'm sure they have had their ups and downs, as is inevitable when traveling in such close proximity, having traveled with both of them for the past week, I have observed that Cal and Jules have not only become closer, they are becoming fused together into one. I call this singular persona displayed in two individuals the Cules & Jal Effect! I have provided some confirming evidence to this case study below (note none of these images were posed or staged) :


When one checks their Crackberry, the other subconsciously recognizes this and immediately follows


When ordering, they will often respond with, "I'll have whatever he's having"

Whether sightseeing, dinning, or simply standing, somehow their posture manages to be the same.


Case in point...


Wardrobe, while selected individually, always ends up matching (above) or identical (below)

But as with every theory, there are always variables that do not confirm the hypothesis.



But even identical twins don't always see eye to eye.
As their jobs demand traveling 6 months out of the year, according to the C&J Effect, it wont be long till they truly become indistinguishable.

2 comments: