Saturday, August 15, 2009

Seville


Today Wendy, Dean and I went to an Arabic Hamman in Seville, Spain, a Spa that houses many different pools for relaxation. Wow, this was totally what I needed. I foated from deep cool baths to hot jet powered tubs, cleared by sinuses in the eucalyptus aromatherapy room, and had a 30 minute relaxation massage. The Hamman was in an huge old Spanish mantion. Every room had candel lit sconces lining the walls, votives floating in the aromatic water, and huge candleabras hovering overhead. The walls were old and painted rustic shades of red, taupe, and green, with fountains splashing nearby and arabic intramental music filling the air. I melted into the marble stone surrounded each bath and tea room. Sitting in the large Hammam for what felt like hours, I closed my eyes, and breathed in the sweet sent of peace, becoming one with the tranquil atmosphere around me. The dimly lit corradors and silky pools made me feel like Queen Esther during her 2 years of beautification. In a city where the daily low is 38 degrees and the high is 45, this was a welcome retreat and so timely after our Moroccan whirlwind.

1 comment:

  1. Looks SO relaxing! I hope you picked up all information necessary for a Canadian franchise establishment! ;) I hope you are feeling better- thinking of you as you travel! :)

    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete