Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Albuferia, Portugal

We are in Portugal!!! I am at a little internet cafe, as we do not have internet where we are staying, after a day soaking in the warm Portugese sun on one of their world famous beaches. We arrived yesterday after an early morning bus ride and are in our glory as we have our own apartment complete with a full kitchen and yes....wait for it....A WASHING MACHINE!!!! So I am now proudly sporting a freshly washed pair of shorts and a tshirt that smells sweetly clean! Thanks Amy for the Norwex detergent, it lasts forever!

We will be staying here in Albuferia for exactly a week and plan to visit many beaches, tour vineyards, and simply enjoy having a home base. Tomorrow we are renting a car and plan to explore the countryside. It is only 30-35 degrees here during the day, which is such a nice break from the crazy heat in MOrocco and Seville.

Unfortunately, ever since MOrocco I have become somewhat ill. Today was a good day but last night I slept for 16 hours with an intense headache, chills, and a digestive system that needs some tender loving care. After an all Poweraid and digestive cookie diet, along with a high dose Pepto, I am feeling somewhat better but could definately use some prayers for future healing as my trip is not even half over.

I will try to upload some pictures when I can but for now my words shall have to suffice.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, shmoopsie pooh, poor thing. I hope you are feeling better already. This new apartment sounds like a great refuge and home base. Enjoy!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better today! It seems you can't travel abroad without a few sick days. It sounds like staying in one place for a week came at the right time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh man! too bad i can't be there to hear you moan & groan this time. hang in there & listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone...you all know me so well:) It just would not be the same if I did not get sick while abroad.

    ReplyDelete