Monday, July 27, 2009

Pleasureful Preparing, Painful Packing


"You who are young, make the most of your youth. Relish your youthful vigor. Follow the impulses of your heart. If something looks good to you, pursue it. But know also that not just anything goes; you have to answer to God for every last bit of it. Live footloose and fancy free - You won't be young forever!" Ecclesiastes 11:9-10


Never have I been so prepared for a trip. For the past month I have made lists, purchased every travel gadget known to man, and admired the travel shrine that has accumulated in my room.



















There is something so satisfying about buying things in miniature form, it gives me some kind of high. At the same time I'm a minimalist and love taking only the bare essentials with me. This trip, however, I have given myself the luxury of taking with me a blow drier the size of my fist and eye shadow brushes (yes, I plan to look good while drinking wine in Spanish Piazza's). Needless to say I've packed more then ever before and am after spending the evening packing, feel guilty for my stash of luxury items. But I'm throwing caution to the wind and am going to live it up!











Packing is an art and a challenge...and I LOVE a good challenge. Rolling, vacuum packing, stuffing things into their perfectly perpendicular places....ahhhh sweet victory. I am fairly prideful about my packing abilities. Just when you think its seemingly impossible to fit all that in a pack...



SHAZAMMM!
















With everything in their proper place, and most of my goodbye's said I'm off...next stop BARCELONA!!! I only need to fly from Winnipeg-Chicago-London-clear customs-catch my shuttle to another airport across the city-hop on my flight to Reus-catch a bus to Barcelona-get on the metro-walk a few blocks to my hostel....and I'm there!!! Adios Canada...Hola Sangria!

3 comments:

  1. You are the packing queen of the universe! Have a great time!!! But, why the scotch tape?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy to know that we are "pack buddies" now, and to see it all so beautifully packed up. I hope that you have already arrived safely in Barcelona (or at least are very close by now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you've arrived. Looking forward to your first blog entry from across the pond.

    mom

    ReplyDelete