Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bienvedios

After 3 planes, 2 buses, and 1 train I am officially here, in Europe...Barcelona, Spain to be exact. The things that I thought would go wrong went great and the things that I thought would go fine were the source of a little stress but really nothing that I got to worked up about. My flight to Barcelona was late and I forgot about Spain time when it comes to bus arrivals and departure. So I got here a bit later than I had anticipated, but I made it and so did my bag, which is soooooo releaving! I forgot how much I love the thrill of traveling on my own. Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet a German man on my way to Chicago, an Indian family on route to India on my overseas flight, an old Turkish grandmother while waiting in the Stansted airport, and 2 lovely British ladies who chatted with me for the entire duration of the flight to Reus. At the Reus airportwe grabbed coffee and then waited for our respective buses....to bad mine was 45 min late, but oh well...by now I´m in full travel mode which means I´m substancially more flexible then back home...not sure why that it but somehow I don´t need nearly as much structure as I do at home.

Here´s a picture of Las Rumblas at night. This is the street that my hostel was located and is known as the party capital of the world....amazingly I slept great thanks to ear plugs and a sleep mask.

Well my time card is running out but I will write again soon. Today´s agenda, tour around the city, drink sangria, and head out to the country for some much needed rest and rejuvination!

Husta luego

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it! Enjoy your first few days....Can't wait to join you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you've arrived safely and found the Klippensteins. Can't wait for the next entry.

    ReplyDelete